Saturday 25 February 2012

Today

Last night I was baby sitting for my eldest daughter over in Milton Keynes, I arrived a little late as I was getting petrol on the way (which is £1.369 a ltr!). She got ready and went to work just before 10pm. The kids were already in bed and so I settled down to an evening of watching TV and playing with my chinese dual band amatuer radio which I bought on ebay for £25. I am very pleased with it, it is extreamely basic, but it was only £25 and it does work on 2m and 70cm. It will also tune to the PMR license free channels up at 446Mhz or is it 466Mhz, anyway it sits up their and listens quite happily, and I even had a brief chat with someone and they reported a good solid signal. So I should actually proably be a bit impressed really.
This morning, on the drive back from Milton Keynes, I just listened. I have been away from the hobby for a while and I want to get back into it without looking like a complete berk. Listen and learn.
I overheard 2 guys talking about an event I am hoping to go to on Sunday (tomorrow), but my daughter will be working until 10am tomorrow, and that is when the event starts - so I am going to be a bit late. Never mind, can't be helped.
Today I have written a bit more on the cat, in reality I could publish it, but I want to tidy it up a bit more. I am really happy with it, dependant on how big you have the text, it will be about 80 to 100 pages, by far the longest book I have written.
I will be bunking off writting duties this after noon, I will be helping my brother melt and pour lead on his sculpture. We are writting a book about this as well. But it will mainly be photographs with some explanatory text. The meaning of the piece will be written in the back of the book, and while it is not that easy to do, it should be good.
I am still planning on 10 books this year and I have outlines written for 8 of them.
Catch you later...

No comments:

Post a Comment