Monday 30 January 2012

Book Sales

The book sales are stuck on 10. I have managed to move ten copies of "Down but not out", which is frankly surprising, but non of the more commercially targetted book, "Bin Laden Lives". I would have expected it to be the other way round.
I am on page 25 of the new book, "My Mum's Ginger Cat" and to be honest, it is great, I am having fun with it. I have written articles for magazines, and for shows and exhibitions, but I have never sat down and seriously tried to right a proper book before. I am enjoying myself.
I have decided to set up a web site to advertise the books, and also so I can flog a few paintings. I have not sold a single painting in nearly 10 years, but that may be because I have only painted 7 in that same period! I have bought some canvases, bought a pile of paints, some new brushes and have dug out two of my easels, as from the spring, I will be paiting again.
Actually, I said this last year, and painted about half a canvas. This year, I am going to do something about it. I am now looking for somewhere I can paint... That will be the main task!

No comments:

Post a Comment